Little Laughs + Julie's Idea

{The News}
Every now and then while I'm making dinner I can convince the boys to let me watch the news.  Curious George holds strong at the 5 o'clock hour in our home, so I have to take every chance I get!

A few days ago I got lucky {the boys were busy playing}, so I turned on the news and heard,

"  ...research has shown that it is officially the most depressing day of the year." 

Lovely. 

So as I was gearing up to write this post I remembered these cartoons that I had saved in my little "funny" file.  I figured it was time to share them with you.

I'm still giggling.

{Thank-you's}
You'll be happy to know that my new lens is on its way!  Thanks to all of you who have contributed to my little paypal account by purchasing my patterns...it was just enough to cover the lens and shipping.;)  I have some fun things coming, so get ready! 

And speaking of thank-you's... just after Christmas I was emailed by a gal named Julie {I had made her a Christmas Postcard} who had a great idea.  She wanted me to make her a "Thank-you postcard" that she could have printed through Vistaprint to use throughout the year!

Smart.

She sent me the photos and lookie here!


How cute is that?  Then, her friend emailed me and asked if I'd do the same thing for her. 

How sweet!


And then I threw this one together.


Such a fun idea! Thanks Julie!

If you'd like me to make you a Thank-You card now is your chance!  Just leave me a comment and let me know which design above you like the best!  I'll have a random drawing to see who the lucky winner is!

{More Funnies}
I had to post these.  I can't forget them.  The little pieces of paper I jotted these down on are sure to be lost soon. 

So, for your further enjoyment.  "Ethanisms".

-While talking on the phone someone asked what I was making to eat.  Ethan said so matter-of-factly, "I'm having leaves for dinner." {Ethan was calling spinach "leaves" there for a while.}

-The boys were wrestling one day and I hear Ethan yell, "NO EATING PEOPLE!"



-Ethan was sitting as his little table playing legos when Aidan sat down by him and wanted a piece of the action.  He grabbed a bunch of legos and Ethan gently took them back and said, "Patience young one."


-One day when Ethan was really mad at me he went and started playing the Wii.   I noticed he was making a Mii person...a big ugly, fat lady with really crazy hair.  When I asked him what he was doing he said he was making me.

-One morning I went to comb Ethan's hair and he said, "Mom, please don't poke my eye in."

-Ethan: "I wish my mouth was big like yours so I could eat alot like you."  I wasn't sure if I should laugh or cry.  But then a while later he said, "Mom, you're skinny....like Woody."    ;)

-Last summer Ethan and his cousin Lucy were in the back of the car riding together when the following conversation took place:

"Lucy, you can't make somebody to do something. pause. Well, unless you have a remote control."



Okay, just a few more...

"Ah, you just made my heart beep."

"Just pretend like you are in a spa...lay down and put pickles on your eyes."

While trying to figure out where we were reading in the scriptures...
"We are on level 5 of the Book of Mormon."

After almost 8 years of marriage and baking I actually found a killer deal on a Kitchen-Aid and got one for Christmas.  The 1st time we made cookies Ethan was mesmerized by it.  After we were through he said, "Whoever invented this: Thank-You!!"


After school one day Ethan told me that on the morning bus one little boy was kicking a girl.  Then he solemnly stated:    "Mom, I'm pretty sure he is turning to the dark side."

And I'll finish with this one.  Its moments like this that make every tantrum, late night, or timeout worth it.

Ethan: "Do you want to know who I think the most beautiful girl is?"
Me: "Yes."  I was curious to see what of his little friends he would pick.
Ethan:  "You."

I know. I could go on and on.  The life and love of our 6 year old.

Hope I got a smile out of ya'!  If not that's okay.  Maybe you'll smile knowing that the most depressing day of the year has already passed...;)

XOXO-Toad

7 comments:

SustainableMom said...

Love you post! All the quotes and pictures are so cute.
http://sustainable-family.blogspot.com/

Maggie said...

Hey there! I so so so want a thankyou card made. If I don't win, I'll pay you to design one for me :) What a fabulous idea! We loved our Christmas postcard you designed! Take care, Maggie

Amy at Ameroonie Designs said...

This was a wonderful post! I laughed and I'm still smiling! What a sweet boy. And the cards are cute too. :)
xoxo,
Amy

Erica {B is for Boy} said...

I don't think there's anyone/thing that can make me laugh more than innocent children. Thanks for sharing- it reminds me that I NEED to buy a notebook to start jotting down those cute things my boys will eventually do. PS I loved the cartoons!

Unknown said...

Beautiful Thank You cards :) Also, love the little laughs you provided us with. I am looking forward to when my son get to the age where he can actually talk. By then I'll probably be praying for a quiet moment but still... the little moments always make it worth it.

Christine said...

I'm not sure how I got to your blog but it is not saved in my favorites and I look at it ever so often to be inspiried. I have no idea how you make these post cards and seeing as how I procastinated about the Christmas post card, I would love a Thank You one. :) Thanks for sharing your ideas.
C

Kelly said...

All right. So I can't decide between numbers one and two. I think two, but I love the idea of the kids holding the words. They're all beautiful.

Recent Posts

google33e193cc695cc79f.html